Friday, May 29, 2015

Good Reads for Kids

Clay and I each have our own read a loud books with the kids.  I wonder if that's weird, but it just so happened that way.  I think this evolved because we were reading The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis and Clay was SO into it that I didn't want to read it during the day without him!  I read to the kids during breakfast and lunch.  This works out so well because everyone is still and quiet.  :)   I love that whenever I stop to eat a few bites of my meal I can see that the kids are dying to know what happens.

There are two new books that we recently completed , the kids and I loved them!

The first is Thunder From the Sea.  I particularly liked this one because it was about a little boy and sometimes I feel like we read a lot of books about little girls.  I could be off on that though.  This book will make you consider getting a Newfoundland, or at least it made me do so.  :)   This book is about becoming part of a family, forgiveness, and perseverance.  It contains a lot of adventure so whenever I would pause the kids would yell, "keep reading!!"  I loved it. 

The second book we just finished is Because of Winn-Dixie.  I feel badly about this, but I judged this book before we read it.  I remembered checking the movie out from the library and thinking it was stupid.  I should have known the book would be so much better.  In fact, I loved it!  Her characters are so well developed!  I just grabbed this off the shelf because we had just finished reading Thunder and we were in a pinch.  It turned out to be wonderful.  I love the lessons you learn from this book.  We are all suffering, you may not know how someone is struggling, but we all need love and forgiveness. 

Happy Reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment