Thursday, December 18, 2014

Spring Rolls

This past weekend I made some Spring Rolls for our church potluck.  I made them Saturday afternoon so they would be already to go Sunday morning.  Spring Rolls are a nice treat because they are fast friendly, gluten free, and something different!  I have only made them a few times now but every time I think I should really make these more often.  This time around I put spring mix lettuce, red cabbage, green onions, carrots, cashews, and basmati rice.  I also took a few different sauces for people to choose from.  If we were not in a fast I would have included some form of pork.  Pork would have been awesomeness.  But these were actually still really good and filling.  Last minute Clay suggested I make a video of how to assemble them.  I was a little nervous, but it was a lot of fun and I really like how it turned out.  But when I uploaded it last night to blogger it had no sound.  Clay was trying to finish an online portion of a CPR class and I was putting kids to bed so it was not on the to do list to problem solve the no sound issue.  So here are a few pictures of the finished product!  If you want to see how to make one I'm sure you could find a good video on youtube. 




You can probably get rice paper at an Asian market but I was able to pick it up at Mama Jean's, our local health store.  I was already there and did not to make another trip.  They look a little strange but they are so refreshing, I feel so good inside when I eat them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment